Friday, December 3, 2010

The joy of giving

Every Christmas season I watch the streets and stores get busy. It is like watching someone step on an ant hill and seeing millions of ants run in circles. By the way people act sometimes I wonder if they are truly enjoying the joy they can have from giving a gift to someone. Or is it all about keeping up with the Joneses?

Since I started crocheting I have found true joy in giving a gift to a friend or family!There is nothing like taking time and making something that you know your friend will love. Even better is seeing their face when they open your gift. In saying this, I want to clarify that there is nothing wrong in giving a store bought gift! I find joy in gifts that are given me that are not home-made just as much as I enjoy home-made gifts.

I am working on a Christmas gift right now and I can hardly wait to wrap it up and send it to the person I am making it for. I won't be there to see it opened but I know that there is a lot of love put into this gift.

I wish there were more home-made Christmases. I wish our society would slow down and enjoy the stress reliever that can be found in crafts. Just sayin... ;)

Happy Holidays... Merry Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. hmm..may this be my christmas present that you are speaking of? :)
    love you lots.

    ReplyDelete