Friday, June 3, 2011

Dreaming...

I started working on this shawl on our way to Memphis a few weeks ago because it would be a simple project and I it would give me something to add to my wardrobe. I wasn't a big fan of the project until I had it finished.  The finished project should have been 51 inches long but I ran out of yarn before I reached the desired length. I also wanted to put a small plain border on the three plain edges. After trying it on I have decided that I love the finished product and the length will do. Maybe I will get more yarn and add to it later... Maybe...



Can't wait to wear it with my sundresses



I put my shawl on my statue to show my husband and his comment was "You should display your work all over the house". I don't think I will ever be the type of person who hangs her afghans from the walls but for right now the shawl will be shown proudly on my statue. Not just because it is pretty but because it is making me dream of the day that I have my own craft room. Until that day... Welcome to
"Designs by Elysia" 

Try something crafty!!! You will be amazed at the way it will make you feel.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am dreaming of the day I can get my own craft room too...We'll dream together:) Love the shawl btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Lets! Love your new party business! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete