Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lili's Chic Log Cabin Afghan

I have started Lili's afghan!! The pattern I had planned on using was a no go. I liked the way it turned out for other people but it was not for me. I searched through my pattern books and saw two patterns for a log cabin afghan. One pattern had the colors that I am using for Lili's afghan but it was not big enough. So... I am using the other pattern but using the colors I want instead of what the pattern calls for. That is normal for me though... I always tend to tweak and add to patterns. :)



These are the colors I decided to use.


Part one


Part two

I spoke to my brother yesterday and found out that Lili's room is now pink, purple, and light lime. I looked in my stash of yarn and found a little bit of purple yarn and decided to add it to the blanket as well. I think the purple and brown adds to the blanket but it also helps break it up.

This pattern is bringing out the quilt lover in me! I LOVE quilts!! However, I don't have the patience or the time to make a quilt. I would make the log cabin quilt or the wedding ring quilt if I did have the patience or time. But since I don't I am sooo glad that I have a pattern for both. I just hope that one day I will be good enough to crochet the wedding ring afghan.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment