Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baby Fever...

Baby Fever...

When it comes it comes like a wave...

rushing at you...

That is what it has felt like this month. My husband and I have been married for two years and we are by no means ready or trying to have kids. Yet I found myself signing up to watch new born babies every Sunday morning, found myself looking at patterns for baby stuff, found myself walking through the baby section at the mall...

Because of this wave, I had to put my 'mint chocolate chip blanket' on hold and crocheted this dress that I have been admiring since I received May/June edition of Crochet Today! Before beginning this dress I had reservations... the pattern said that it was intermediate... I have only been crocheting patterns that are for beginners or labeled easy for the last year. I wasn't sure that I could do an intermediate pattern yet.

But what does it hurt to try?! Right?! :)

I believe that it was a very easy intermediate pattern but either way it was so much fun! I made it for my 18 month old niece, Iris! I can hardly wait to see how it looks on her! I would look to make some bloomers to go under the dress but we will see about that.

To those who do not think they could learn to crochet - If I can learn and continue to learn - you can do it!! Give it a try!! It is very rewarding!!

Now I need to focus on finishing my blanket but I have my eye on the wedding ring afghan in the May/June Crochet Today magazine!! :)

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite dresses growing up was a crocheted dress made by my great aunt. Your dress is beautiful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am looking forward to putting this cute dress on her!!! you are so very talented.. & i am excited that you started a blog. i am loving the title. very fun! love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary Beth! I bet that dress was very special!

    Thanks Nat! I have wanted to start a blog for a while but I know that I am not a very good writer. I have fun showing of things I have made though.

    ReplyDelete