Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Mint Chocolate Chip Blanket












Five weeks ago I ran into Books-A-Million and bought Crochet Today!'s All Time Best Blankets and started working on their Perfect Picnic Blanket Pattern. Their blanket is red and white but I wanted to work with colors that are in my living room. I decided to use light green and brown. I LOVE IT so far!! It does remind me of
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream when I am working on it but I think that is fun!

When I started this project I told myself that I would only work on this one thing. I have a habit of starting 5 different projects at once because I want to do everything! That worked for the first four weeks... I spent a few days with my mom and before I left I was teaching her how to crochet. I was showing her how to read a pattern and what working in the round is. She read me a pattern and I crocheted it. (I was amazed that she could read the pattern!!) While making this granny square I thought it would be neat to make four squares.. four different colors and place them in nice frames. I spent this week doing that and I have to say I am very happy! It looks great! I now have something to put on my wall above my kitchen table.

Mistake number two came last night. I had spent some time finding beginner patterns for my mom and saw a few patterns that I thought were cute. I saw a picture of a baby cocoon and went on a search for patterns. I found them! I also found a pattern for a Crochet Bunting.

Despite my distractions... I will not give up! I can hardly wait to see the end result of my blanket!

What projects are you working on? Do you find yourself distracted?







4 comments:

  1. you amaze me! this is something I one day hope to learn! lol! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you amaze me! this is something one day I hope I'll learn! lol! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post...know how you feel about having too many projects going all at once. In my case, often it's custom items for people or new designs I'm working on. :) Keep up your crocheting...nice to find someone as excited about it as I am. I started when I was 5 and haven't put my hook down for very long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your sweet comments! I am thrilled to see that there are people interested in my blog and in crocheting!

    Abby, You are a very creative person and I know you can learn!! Wish we still lived near each other!! I'd would love to teach you! Find someone in your town who crochets and learn from them! Or I would recommend "Teach yourself Visually Crochet".

    ReplyDelete