Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Christmas Ideas in May

Have you ever made something for someone and wanted to do it again because the reaction that they had made you feel so good?

Last September, I started making Christmas gifts for my family. I did not have time to make everyone something but the reaction that I had from those who did get a crocheted gift made me feel so good!! I decided to compete against myself and see if I can do better this coming Christmas.

I wasn't planning on making Christmas gifts this year but while I was browsing my favorite crochet website (ravelry.com) I saw a blanket that I just had to make. While making it I realized that it had my nephew's name written all over it! Granted he is not old enough to really appreciate it but I knew he had to have it. It if finished and it looks awesome! Sorry!! I can't show any pictures because I don't want anyone in my family to see them until Christmas!

Now I am working on a blanket for my niece, Iris. I think it is going to look cute but it is a little too early to tell.

I have written down what pattern, colors, and size blanket I am going to make every one. I hope my plan works. I am so excited but it is going to be so hard to keep it a secret!

I hope that our move goes quick so that I will have more time to work on them. I also am hoping that I will be able to make my husband something that he will love and surprise him as well. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. oh no! was i not supposed to read this blog?? :) i will still act surprised...i promise. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I knew you would read it... You just will not see any pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete