Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hexagon Stash Buster



I am on round three of my hexagon blanket!

Normally, when I make a blanket I plan ahead on where I will place what color or square. For instance the circle in a square blanket that I made for my nephew, I took paper and drew a blanket and planned how it would be laid out. On this blanket I am having to plan as I go. Each hexagon is being joined as I crochet them and the goal is to not repeat the same hexagon twice. I feel like I am stretching my mind thinking about placement and what colors to use next. I am having so much fun!



Louie loves it too! After I finished round three, I laid the blanket on him and he prrr'ed away! I almost tied it off and gave it to him! Doesn't he look so cute!?



While my husband is napping on the couch I tip-toed into his office and took a picture of my birthday present. ;) Last weekend George and I went to Ketner's Mill Fair. It was full of booths with hand made crafts. The first booth we stopped at was a booth with beautiful furniture.

They had quilt rack that sat on the floor and then this one that hung on the wall. I know that with the kitten the quilt rack that sat on the floor would be useless because Madi would pull everything off. I told George how cool it would be to have the one that hung on the wall to put my hexagon blanket on in the bedroom. I will still be able to display my blanket but it will be out of reach from Madi. I can hardly wait to hang it up on the wall. I can hardly wait to see what my blanket looks like on it.

I sit and laugh at myself sometimes because I never would have dreamed that I would ever get excited about a quilt rack. It is funny how things change!

(In case you are wondering, the red, white and blue blanket is one that George's grandmother made for George. She is very talented!)

No comments:

Post a Comment