Friday, October 1, 2010

All GREAT things must come to an end...



As the saying goes - "All good things must come to an end". I have finished my first sweater!!! To my great surprise it turned out to be a very easy pattern and the finished product looks great! I am sure there are mistakes but for being my first sweater I am very proud of it!

Instead of quarter length sleeves or long sleeves I decided to make short sleeves that way I can wear it in the spring and fall. I am sure it will also look good with a long sleeved shirt under it during the winter.

Because of the weight of the yarn I decided to sew on two set of snaps and use the button as decoration. The pattern is designed to be form fitting so it isn't the kind of sweater that you would button all the way down.

I am so thankful to my new friend, Michelle, for mailing me this wonderful yarn and suggesting that we have a "crochet along". There is not a better gift then a box full of yarn!

2 comments:

  1. awesome!! elysia…you are amazing! btw...what is a crochet along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    It is were you are doing the same pattern as someone else at the same time.For instance, Michelle and I started this sweater at the same time and we talked about it as we worked on it. :) Kinda like a 'book club' - where you read the same book and talk about it as you are reading.

    ReplyDelete