Friday, October 15, 2010

A lot of nothing

I am so thankful for lazy weekends!! All week I have been so exhausted that I can't even hold a hook for long periods of time. Despite being tired I have not stopped thinking about projects I want to do or need to finish.

On October 4th I started the "Floaty Fall Scarf". The pattern has been very simple and it looks like it will be cute. It is the first scarf that I have ever made that is in a triangle shape. It is also the first time that I have ever used bamboo yarn. I can hardly wait to see the end result.



My newest project is a blanket for our bedroom. I wasn't planning on making a blanket right now but I realized that I had enough scrap yarn to make a nice hexagon blanket. The "Fireside Throw" pattern is in the Crochet Today magazine with the "Floaty Fall Scarf".

Here is what their blanket looked like:

Picking out colors for upcoming projects is always fun! For my hexagon blanket I found inspiration in the following items in our bedroom:



My husband bought the picture before we met and I have always thought it was a nice picture but it was not my favorite. I have really started liking since I went shopping with mom and bought the pottery wall hanging. It tends to pull out the colors in the picture and brightens the room. So.. after a lot of thought I picked out my yarn and started the blanket...


I hope the end result looks good.

So, as you can see I am up to a lot of nothing. I still have hopes of making a lot of sweaters this winter but I have to buy more yarn for that kind of project. If all else fails Old Navy has some cute sweaters this year!! :) I will have to start sending out hints to the hubby.

Have a happy lazy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment