Saturday, August 21, 2010

Almost done!

In my blog "For the Love" I told you about my friend who is having her first baby in December. I started this baby blanket then in hopes to share with her a new love for colors. This has been a fun project! Every square is unique - None of them match!

I started to worry that I would not have her blanket done by the time we gave her a baby shower. Little did I realize how many squares I already had! I laid them out to see how many more I would need and found that I have more then I need. That is a good problem to have. There are seven across and seven down - with a border it will look awesome!


I am trying to decide how I am going to sew or crochet them together. Normally, I sew squares together but I have a picture in my mind of something a little different. I am thinking about the chain 2 slip stitch method mentioned here:

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa010999.htm

I like this girls method the best but I had already crocheted the tan on most of them before I saw it. Take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90733686@N00/3471057796/in/photostream/

The next blanket I make with this square I will do that.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment