Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ways to Save

George and I started reading Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey this week. Like most Americans we have bills. What we don't want is for our bills to have us. So, we are starting now and trying to find ways to save money and to pay off our bills.

As I was reflecting on what we had read I started to wonder how Crochet could help us and possibly others to save money in the long run. Then it hit me...

We use a Swiffer Wet Jet to clean our floors. Each time we mop we have to throw away the cleaning pad because it gets dirty. Because of our pets we could easily go through one pack of the swiffer pads in a month. Do you know how much we are spending?!?!

According to Google refills cost - $7.29 for a 12 pack or $23.81 for a 24 pack
(I am sure you could get them cheaper at the dollar store but I am just going by what I saw online.)

Over 12 months you are spending - $87.48 for the 12 packs and $285.72 for the 24 packs. Of course it depends on how many you use in a month... but still!!

I have a solution! It is called a Swiffer Cardi! The Swiffer Cardi is just like the cleaning pad except it is washable and reusable!


As for George and I, I will be going to the store tomorrow and getting us the yarn it takes to make a few so that we can save money. As soon as I make one I will post a picture.

1 comment:

  1. send one to me too! i am having the same issue with our swiffer wet jet. it can be expensive!

    ReplyDelete