Friday, August 6, 2010

Snaps and Buttons


I've been looking cute patterns for winter clothes and I have picked out a few sweaters that are on my list to make before it gets cold. With cute clothes comes cute buttons and as I have found... snaps!


Last week I ran to hobby lobby to find snaps for a baby out fit that I am making. I know what snaps are but I had never brought them before. I had a blonde moment in the store. I was looking at the package thinking... the top part is missing... before I realized what I was doing I had snapped the top part of the snap off and it went flying across the store! Don't worry! I found it!! :) But the whole time I was in the store was snapping the snaps on and off. It was as fun as clicking your pen over and over again! :)


Along with the snaps the baby outfit called for decorative buttons... I am still on the hunt for cute baby buttons but Hobby Lobby didn't have anything that I liked. Yestorday I ran into Wal-mart with my Sister and her two kids. I had my nephew with me and I let him pick out his birthday gift from Aunt Beshie and Uncle George. After we were done we ran over to the yarn section and found a few cute buttons. None for my baby outfit but I think they will look cute on a sweater that I am going to make next! I can't wait to make it!!


Natalie, my sister, and I also ebayed glass buttons. We found some really cute buttons but I want to shop some more before I order any. I will say though that the glass buttons that we looked at were very cute! I would love to learn how to make them.


Where do you find cute buttons??

3 comments:

  1. have you shopped at http://www.etsy.com/ before? they have the cutest things of just about anything! I'm addicted to this website! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was what i was going to say...we were on etsy not ebay. but we should check out ebay too. i bet that it would have some glass buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like etsy! If I was a stay at home wife I would start selling a few things on that website... but right now I don't have enough time. They charge a fee for everything sold so I would need to sell a lot to make it worth it. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete