Monday, August 16, 2010

Operation Kitchen - Part 1 Wash Cloths


George and I dated for six months and were engaged for three weeks! When you know... you know! :) Because we got married to fast we were only able to have a few showers but we are fine with that because we had every thing we needed! We are so blessed!

This year I have noticed that our kitchen towels, wash clothes, and hot pads have seen better days. Most of our towels were brought into our marriage from our college days and it is time to up grade. After my last blog I realized that these are things that I could save us money on as well. I have crocheted a few wash clothes in the past and have found that they hold up better then the kind you buy. Plus, you can give them a lot of personality!

So started "Operation Kitchen".

This project will take a long time because I am not going to try to do it all at once. I have other projects going that are on a time frame so I need to give them more attention.

My plan is three fold.

Part 1 - Wash clothes
Part 2 - Kitchen towels
Part 3 - Pot holders/hot pads

I am going to be silly and keep the colors matching what I have in my living-room and kitchen. To me that will add to its personality. However, each item will look different.

I can't hardly wait to have a closet full of nice towels and wash clothes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment