Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crafty Lunch Hour

Monday my boss came in with a neat little "balloon flower" that she had made with her family that weekend. I loved it and my crafty side was dieing to make one. So... her daughter brought all of the supplies needed to make it and we had a crafty lunch hour!


Here is my flower:
It was a lot of fun to make! Do you want to make one?

What you will need:

* Floral wire
* Balloons
* Duct Tape
* Green Floral Tape
* Button

Step one: Take the floral wire and fold it in half. With a piece of duct tape - tape the bottom of the wire together (make sure to cover the bottom of the wire so that it will not break the balloon). Finger length from the bottom put another piece of duct tape.

Step two: Put the loop side of the wire into the balloon. Pull the balloon over the bottom of the wire and then pull the other part of the bottom of the balloon over the bottom as well. Tape over the balloon in the same two spots that you did in step one. You will do this for all of the peddles.
( I made three green leaves, six yellow peddles and six white peddles)

Step three: Once all of your peddles are made stack them on top of each other. For my flower I stacked mine with the green on the bottom, then yellow, then white. Duck tape from the bottom of the stem (make sure you tape the bottom) to the finger length tape.

Step four: Now you are ready to cover the duct tape with floral tape.

Step five: Move your peddles to the spot you want them. You are also ready to bend the top of the peddles to make it look more like a flower!

Step six: glue your button to the middle of the flower.

I goggled balloon flowers and found this website. Their balloon flower is very small and very cute. I thought it was a neat idea and thought you'd like to see it as well.

http://www.bhg.com/crafts/balloon-flowers

On page two of this article there is a picture of ways they decorated with small balloon flowers and I thought it was neat! These flowers would make the presentation of your gift very interesting!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. i saw the iris balloon flower...i would love to make that one....for my iris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun! I wish you lived close by we could have a craft night!

    ReplyDelete