Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Design or Not to Design... That is my question.

Normally, I know what project I am going to start after I finish the one I am working on. This time I have been torn! Sure, I have a few projects going right now but I really want to start something new...

I spent most of last weekend looking at different patterns. Winter will be here before we know it (can you believe that it is September already?!?) and I want to start making some sweaters. I have found some cute patterns but I realized something....

Knitted sweaters are so cute!! But how in the world do you knit a sweater?! I started out as a knitter and I never was able to get the hang of it. I was able to make scarfs but you can only make so many scarfs before you want to pull your hair out! To those who can knit a sweater... I am impressed!!!

I did find a pattern that I am very interested in... but it is for knitters. However, I believe that I could crochet one that looks very similar. I think it would be neat to design a pattern. Take a look at this picture:



If you knit - you can find the pattern at:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81092AD.html?noImages=0

If you crochet... wait around! I am trying to CREATE my own pattern. :)

One fear I have to designing my own pattern or even following a pattern for a sweater is - What if it doesn't fit? What if I FROG?? (When you mess up you have to "rip it"... that is where the term FROG comes from.) I guess if I don't try I will never know!

On the other hand, I have seen other cute patterns! I am interested in a few scarfs and cowls that I saw. After a big project like the baby blanket it is nice to do something that doesn't involve a lot of thought.

There you have it... I am torn. Do I make my own pattern or should I do something simple and cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment